Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How Adriana Lima gets in shape for Victoria's Secret fashion show

Victoria's Secret models may appear to be naturally blessed with flawless figures.


But one Angel has revealed it takes much more than good genes to make the grade on the catwalk.

Adriana Lima admits she goes to dramatic lengths to perfect her body in time for the annual show - including working out twice a day and living on a diet of protein shakes made from powdered eggs.
The mother-of-one also drinks a staggering gallon of water a day - and no liquids for 12 hours ahead of the show on Wednesday.



Adriana, 30, told The Telegraph: 'No liquids at all so you dry out, sometimes you can lose up to eight pounds just from that.'


The model has spent countless hours in the gym boxing and lifting weights, working out every day from August and bumping up to twice a day three weeks before hitting the runway.

For nine days, she will have no solid foods.
She said: 'It is really intense, it's not really the amount of time you spend

working out, it's the intensity: I jump rope, I do boxing, I lift weights, but I get bored doing that.

'If I am not moving I get bored very easily.'

And is it worth it? Lima is adamant that it is.

She says: 'Actually, the Victoria's Secret show is the highlight of my life.

'Becoming an Angel, once I achieved that, it was a dream-come-true for me.

'And I know that after all this is done, when I sit down with my daughter one day we are going to look back and it's going to be very special.' And it seems it's not just their exercise regimes that are tough.

The Angels also have a hard time when it comes to their love life.

Fellow Victoria's Secret model Candice Swanepoel complained that men try too hard to impress her.

Candice said: 'I think it's harder to date as an angel, when people meet you it's hard to look past our job, what we look like.

'They are always trying to impress you, you know, like "come to my mansion blah blah blah."