Saturday, March 10, 2012

London Fashion Week AW 2012...Alexa


Alexa Chung, after Erdem, London, February 2012.

Another girl who always looks amazing, in an effortless, she hasn't spent an age in front of the mirror kind of way. And she is a talented writer as well. In the latest issue of British Vogue Alexa talks about giving her wardrobe an ethical makeover...a great read and I love the honest way she ends the article "I can't say I will be dressing head to toe in ethical fashion from now on, but I will be making a concerted effort to be more mindful of what I consume, and endeavour to look through what I already own before adding more. Who knows? One day, I might be able to see what my bedroom floor looks like again."*

All of the pieces she is wearing here (particularly that beautiful floral skirt and the coat...and those Celine silver wedges are pretty cute as well ;), would be pieces she could pass down to future generations....just like her grandmother did.

Recreate Alexa's Look (kind of):

Erdem Criona high-waisted mesh and raffia skirt or Erdem floral pencil skirt (love the front pockets in this skirt...it somehow makes it a little more relaxed) or Topshop watercolour slip skirt   


*British Vogue, page 190, April 2012